Stijn Daenekindt joined CHEGG as a postdoctoral researcher in November 2018. He holds a Master’s degree in Sociology (Ghent University, 2009), a Master’s degree in Statistics (KU Leuven, 2012), and a PhD in Sociology (Ghent University, 2015).
After his PhD, he has been affiliated with both Ghent University and Erasmus University Rotterdam, the Netherlands. He is interested in various aspects of social inequality and has mainly published in the fields of cultural sociology and in political sociology. As a CHEGG-member, he intends to introduce insights from cultural sociology and political sociology to the field of higher education (and vice versa).
An overview of his published work can be found on his Google Scholar page.
• Cultural sociology & sociology of culture
• Political sociology
• Institutional logics & cognitive sociology
• Social inequality & social mobility
• Diagonal reference models
• Topic modelling
• Correlational class analysis & relational class analysis
- 09 264 91 86
- Korte Meer 3, 9000 Gent, Belgium